Child Care Apprenticeship Humpty Dumpty Childcare (Training) Ltd
An exciting opportunity has risen for an apprenticeship with Humpty Dumpty Childcare.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
14 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will require you to:
- Support and update records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities and meals served
- Follow their policies for confidentiality and to report appropriate information regarding children and their backgrounds to the Day Care Leader
- Take into consideration the individual needs of the children respecting race, religion and culture, along with having an awareness of social needs and being sympathetic to their emotional needs
- Help children to understand and demonstrate good health, hygiene and personal habits during meal times, rest periods and bathroom use
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to be reliable, enthusiastic, up-beat and able to work in a flexible way. Listen actively to children and responds with warmth and empathy. Good communication and interpersonal skills with children, colleagues and parents.
- You will need to have the ability to work as part of a team but also to work independently with the children on activities and development. Understand the importance of confidentiality and have an enjoyment of caring and playing with young children with a practical and can do attitude
- The successful applicant will need to be highly reliable with a flexible attitude to work. An up-beat attitude and somebody who likes the outdoors and shows enthusiasm whilst supporting the children on a daily basis.
- A bright, bubbly personality which can create the warm, family environment welcomed within the nursery, by the children, families and staff.
- As an apprentice, you must be able to work with other adults and be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills and take instruction and seek clarification where required
- Have an ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents is essential.
The qualifications required for this role are GCSE grades A-C in English and Maths or the equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Humpty Dumpty Childcare (Training) Ltd
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Children and Young People will include:
- Level 2 Qualifications in Childrens and Young People
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Emergency and Pediatric First Aid Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
- Certified Health and Safety Course
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017