Infrastructure Technician Apprentice MAGIKOS IT LIMITED
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Infrastructure Technician Apprentice with Magikos IT, based in Sandhurst.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Initial duties will predominantly be supervised by other technical staff and as skills develop the applicant will be given further autonomy in their day-to-day duties. Principal duties will comprise:
- Attendance at customers sites (supervised & unsupervised)
- Development of IT skillset in line with the Magikos IT training and development plan
- Attendance at business networking events (supervised & unsupervised)
- Documentation of relevant procedures as directed by other Magikos IT staff
- Preparation of software and hardware for IT projects (supervised & unsupervised)
- Installation and configuration of software and hardware at customer sites (supervised and unsupervised)
- Product and purchasing research and development with formal and informal written reporting
- Provision of onsite and remote customer technical support (supervised & unsupervised)
- Representation of Magikos IT at relevant trade shows and events (supervised & unsupervised)
- Provision of relevant mileage, expenses and receipts incurred as a result of work carried out on behalf of Magikos IT in a prompt manner in accordance with the Magikos IT operating policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Familiarity with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 or equivalent Operating System such as OS X / MacOS or Linux
- Understanding of domestic broadband and networking technologies including wireless network setup and connection of PC, laptop and mobile devices
- Ability to connect a standard printer to a laptop or PC by USB, Ethernet or wireless
- Some familiarity with Microsoft Office or an Open-Source equivalent such as LibreOffice
- Ability to demonstrate some understanding of modern IT and networking technologies and how they interconnect
- Ability to demonstrate basic technical and analytical skills with emphasis on diagnosis and problem resolution Desktop skills using Windows / MacOS/OS X or Linux and Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow operational procedures and policies
- Use of modern cloud-based IT services such as Dropbox, Google Suite, OneDrive, MS Office 365 Familiarity with business-level broadband and networking technologies including wireless network setup and connection of PC, laptop and mobile devices.
- Experience in the use of: Backup software / Databases / Graphics editing / Programming / Content Management systems e.g. WordPress, Joomla
- An understanding of TCP/IP and network technologies.
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Working towards formal accreditation with an IM&T professional body such as The Chartered Institute for IT
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to multitask
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
With more than 40 years combined IT experience in enterprise, small and medium sized organisations, Magikos IT understands the role and that modern information technology plays in keeping your business working.
MAGIKOS IT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Tom Lindley 01133500333 email@example.com
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.