Apprentice Commis Chef Holmfirth Vineyards
An exciting vacancy for a junior/apprentice chef within our exquisite vineyard restaurant. As a commis chef you're on the first rung of the ladder to becoming a great chef. In this kitchen undertake food preparation prior to service and support senior chefs during service. You will rotate through sections such as sauce, vegetables and fish etc.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
27 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Take directions and guidance from senior chefs and managers
- Maintain high level of health, hygiene and safety when storing and preparing food
- Prepare vegetables / meats / sauces / pastry
- Supports the senior chefs as well as other kitchen employees in food production
- Assists kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards for functions and al a carte
- Assists the line chefs in the production of different foods for example vegetables, meats, and pastries
- Assists the head chef in ensuring that food is prepared and served to the clients on time
- Assists the head chef in ensuring that health and safety standards are upheld in the kitchen
- Helps the head chef in the development of menus
- Assists other junior kitchen staff in ensuring that the restaurant is kept clean at all times
- Assists the head chef in the ordering process
- Assists the kitchen staff in the storage of food
Requirements and prospects
- Previous skills/experience in food preparation would be an advantage
- Strong communication/listening skills
- Organisational skills
- Reliable and career driven
- Commitment to the role
- Ability to apply Health & Safety in the kitchen
- Able to keep calm and positive in a pressured environment
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow instruction
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
GCSEs at grades E/2 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
For those candidates who show the character and determination there is potential to progress to Sous Chef and beyond.
Things to consider
The first stage after your initial application will be to attend an interview with a member of the team at Kirklees College. It is mandatory to attend an interview at the college for your application to progress.
Candidates may be asked to complete an assessment as part of the interview process. Information will be in your interview letter.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team at Kirklees college on email@example.com or Tel: 01484 437000. There is no need to contact the employer at this stage, the college is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
Nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire countryside and surrounded by unspoilt natural beauty, Sheveling Wine Estate at Holmfirth Vineyard is a truly unique venue.
Privately owned by the Sheveling family the 7-acre vineyard provides an idyllic setting for our restaurant with breath taking panoramic views of the Holme Valley all year round.
The estate provides an ideal setting for weddings and functions, events, tours of the vineyard and holiday accommodation.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
April King firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.