Apprentice Nursery Nurse Ducklings Childcare Ltd
We are looking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic Childcare Apprentice to join our staff team. An Apprenticeship position will give the right person the first step to a rewarding career with an excellent opportunity to work towards a childcare qualification whilst gaining great practical skills and workplace knowledge.
Closing date: 26 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
27 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To be part of the team working with ages 3 months – 11 years, mostly based in the pre school room
To take part in all daily duties i.e. Interacting with the children, supporting the team you work with, helping to get set up, garden play, helping to clean down.
Supporting the children with meal times, nappy changes (when trained), their learning and development.
- To be trained in the role of a Childcare Apprentice
- To contribute in providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum following the EYFS as guidance
- To give support to other personnel in the Nursery
- To implement the daily routine in the room
- To work together as a team supporting each other for the benefit of the children
- Liaise with Parent’s and Carer’s sharing information about their child’s development
- Where required attend College and complete assignments on time
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Reliable, enthusiastic, passionate, dedicated, caring, and a team player
- GCSE’s A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in maths and English
- To continue to train to achieve the next level
- To become a qualified staff member
- Higher wage
- More responsibilities
- To become a key person
Things to consider
- Work with all ages from 3 months to 11 years
- Travel to college for a day release
About the employer
Ducklings Childcare is set in a beautifully converted Georgian townhouse in central Godmanchester, with wonderful views over the River Great Ouse. We offer care all year round, term time only, before and after school and also during the holidays.
Children aged four months to three years are based in the main house, with spacious rooms for playing, cosy sleeping areas and a homely kitchen. Three to four year olds move out to our dedicated pre-school rooms, across the yard from the main house.
Stimulating learning opportunities and planned purposeful play activities enable our children to become self-motivated and independent learners indoors and out in the extensive walled gardens with beautiful lawns and fruit trees.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
- On the job training and coaching from existing staff team
- Day release to CRC
- First aid
- Prevent duty
- Food hygiene
- Functional Skills (If required)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.