Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Dental Nursing Sherwood Dental Centre
Sherwood Dental Care is looking for a friendly and caring apprentice dental nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
27 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties that you will be fully trained to be able to complete within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre one day every 2 weeks for training planned to start September 2021.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good teamwork
GSCE's grade A*-C/9-4 in English and maths (or Level 2 equivalent).
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
We have one key philosophy - to treat our patients as we would want to be treated ourselves. Going to the dentist shouldn’t have to be a daunting experience, and so at Sherwood Dental Care, we promise to always take the time to help you feel relaxed and comfortable while in our care.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Expected college start date is September 2021 Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills maths OR English Level 2 if required
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college in Nottingham City Centre.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.