Apprentice Commis Chef THE MOORLAND HOTEL COMPANY LIMITED
Vacancy for Apprentice Commis Chef with Moorland Hotel in Wotter near Plymouth. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Feb 2022
30 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The prestigious Moorland Hotel in Wotter, near Plymouth, is looking for an apprentice Commis Chef. You will be working beside the Head Chef to develop the skills and experience in all aspects of cooking and kitchen management required to gain formal qualification as a chef.
The primary objective of the Commis Chef Apprentice is to learn and understand how to carry out food preparation and basic cooking under supervision.
Duties will include:
- Principles of basic food preparation and cooking
- Food safety standards, practices and procedures, and personal hygiene standards
- Stock checks, stock control and waste management
- Setting up, preparing and cleaning their working environment
- Identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
- Team working and developing working relationships
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- A passion for food and commitment to excellence
- Maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent
- Eventual promotion and full time employment once qualified
Things to consider
- The location of Moorland Hotel is rural, but within 10 minutes of urban area, therefore you must make sure you can get to the workplace on time
About the employer
The Moorland Hotel is situated in an unrivalled location with Dartmoor National Park on one side and uninterrupted views towards Plymouth, the Sound and the sea on the other.
The Moorland Hotel’s Phoenix Brasserie has a reputation for fine food, serving mouth-watering local Devon steaks, seasonal game and locally landed fresh fish. Our superb kitchen works its magic with fresh ingredients to create dishes to remember.
Happily secluded from the hustle and bustle of city life, the Moorland Hotel is still only 10 minutes from Plympton and 20 minutes from the centre of Plymouth.
THE MOORLAND HOTEL COMPANY LIMITED
SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF TRAINING PROVIDERS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South West Association of Training Providers Limited
Rosemary Dallas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.