Apprentice Early Years Educator Red House Day Nursery
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has a desire to work with children. You must be able to communicate well with children and adults. Use initiative and willing to learn.We have high standards and expect our staff to have the same. We have lots of fun; we are friendly and are all very supportive of each other.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
26 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Apprentices may be part of a regular team or may ‘float’ in all rooms of the nursery. You will be allocated a mentor, but you will also report directly to the Team Leader in the room you are working. All team members will assist and advise you during your training. It is important that you ask questions and understand the reasons for why situations are dealt with in a specific way. Nursery policies and procedures must be read, understood and adhered to. Many resources are available to you, including books, magazines and other points of reference.
Most importantly you must take responsibility for your own learning and development. You must agree to attend college when required, arranging your own transport.
The management team operate an ‘open door’ policy at The Red House and we actively encourage all staff to come and discuss any matters of concern with us. We in turn offer our support at all times.
The duty of an apprentice is to work closely with our team of Educators. Learning from them and asking questions. You will learn the routines of each room and the policies and procedures. You must help maintain a safe and stimulating environment for our children at all times.
- To work in full co-operation with the other members of the team.
- To learn about the planning and preparation of stimulating child led activities, initiated around the needs and interests of each child.
- To encourage the children’s active participation in all activities on offer.
- Reporting of any information from parents, changes to children’s routine, illness and accidents to the Team Leader.
- To always maintain and encourage a close partnership with parents within the nursery.
- To keep and maintain relevant records.
- To ensure the room is left clean and tidy at the end of each day.
- To adhere to The Health and Safety Policies of the nursery to always maintain a safe and secure environment for the children.
- To assist in the preparation of food and drink always ensuring good hygienic practises in the room and supervising the children at snack/mealtimes.
- To ensure that maximum use is made of the equipment, that it is well cared for and that the children are taught to respect it.
- To attend staff meetings out of nursery hours, if necessary.
- To hold an OFSTED recognised first aid Certificate for childcarers.
- To keep abreast of current issues and attend relevant training courses to continue personal development, as necessary
- To be familiar with all nursery policies in particular The Equal Opportunity, Child Protection and Behavioural Policies (all staff are given a Staff Information Pack to read containing these policies on their first day) and copies are kept in each room of the nursery to be referred to.
- To respect confidentiality within the nursery and to always adhere to The Confidentiality Policy.
- To adhere to the dress code and Jewellery Policy of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
Year 10 Work placement experience an advantage. Babysitting, childminding etc.
Has a passion to progress their career and education within the early years sector.
Kind, caring, enthusiastic.
Experience of working within a team
Good understanding of health and safety requirements
Safeguarding and first aid training – desirable although this will be provided at Level 3.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s A-C or Grade 4, including Maths and English.
Other qualifications or experience with children will be considered.
On the successful completion of Level 3 Apprenticeship, for the right candidate, there will be continued employment after qualifying with potential career progression pathways with the employer
Things to consider
Uniform: Students are required to wear white polo shirts and navy trousers.
Some logo’d uniform maybe provided.
Flat indoor shoes or slippers to be worn in the nursery, with separate outdoor shoes
Jewellery Policy: In the interest of your safety, we have a policy in place which we ask all staff to adhere to at all time
Holidays: Four weeks per annum, pro-rata
Plus, Bank Holidays
Sickness: Sick days paid up to a maximum of 7 days per year
Covid Compliance Policy: Since the Covid-19 pandemic, some policies and procedures have been changed to protect our staff and children.
There would have to be at least 48 hours between college and the setting for day release training – Level 3 apprentice attends college on a Friday. A negative lateral flow test would also be required on a Monday morning.
These policies will be discussed with you prior to taking up a training role with us.
About the employer
The Red House Day Nursery is located in vibrant Cambridgeshire village of Burwell. We aim to provide a setting in which all our children are happy and secure and in which there is an atmosphere of mutual trust. We believe that children fare best in a home from home environment where they are well known by the Early Years Educators that care for them. We try to provide love, affection and intellectual stimulation at all times to instil a lifelong love of learning and to foster in each child the social skills needed for life.
The benefits of working for The Red House Day Nursery include the opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children aged 3months to 5 years in a fun environment, with the advantage of being part of a professional organisation with an outstanding OFSTED rating.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
Includes Level 3 Paediatric First Aid Award as part of this Apprenticeship
Functional Skills Level 2 in English & Maths (exemptions apply).
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.