Accounts Office Apprentice J Z Flowers International Ltd
JZ Flowers are looking for a talented individual to carry out various duties within the Finance department. If you are bright, well organised, can pay close attention to detail and enjoy working with an enthusiastic team this role could be for you.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
26 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing Sales Ledger transactions through Microsoft Great Plains
- Paperwork completion, matching to PoD’s, correspondence, customer reports
- Liaising with customers, reconciling statements, and allocation of receipts onto customer accounts
- Processing Purchase Invoice transactions through Microsoft Great Plains
- Completing Workflow Tasks using our Document Management System
- Answering the telephone, diverting calls, and taking messages
- Filing, opening, and distribution of post
The above accountabilities are not intended to be exhaustive and may alter without changing the overall character of the job and the levels of responsibility. Additional tasks of a generic or departmental nature may also be assigned.
Requirements and prospects
- Numerical and analytical skills
- IT skills
- An interest in a career in Accountancy
- Have a high degree of Numeracy
- The ability to respect confidential information
- The ability to meet deadlines
Educated to A Level (or equivalent).
Excellent future prospects for the right candidate upon completion of this apprenticeship.
About the employer
JZ Flowers is a family-business and a leading producer of floral bouquets for UK retailers.
Originally based in the UK, JZ Flowers is a vibrant and growing organisation with established operations now in Holland, Ireland, Miami, and Turkey where we carefully select and pack over 450 million stems per year.
JZ Flowers is the largest importer of Fairtrade Flowers in the UK and over the last 5 years we have sourced over 160 million Fairtrade stems resulting in over £1.3 million of Fairtrade premiums being paid back to workers across Kenya, Ethiopia, Sri-Lanka, and Tanzania.
We also focus heavily on British Grown Flowers and we have a JZ office based in Spalding, the heartland of the Lincolnshire growing community to continue to build the excellent relationships we hold with our local growers.
At heart, we are florists and what we do is floristry. Our business has been founded on a commitment to design, innovation, and quality, but we have developed and grown to become a market leader and champion sustainable, ethically sourced flowers on an industrial, global scale.
MCARTHUR DEAN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by McArthur Dean Training Ltd
Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.