Process Operator Apprentice Saica Packaging Uk Ltd
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company who thrives on developing its people. We are looking for Production Operatives to work 3 shifts and who have the desire to operate Machinery and associated ancillary equipment safely. Full training will be provided to the successful candidates.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
26 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Support and Training will be provided to achieve all below tasks and responsibilities over time within your role.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others around you
- Raise hazard cards for unsafe conditions
- Complete at least 1 behavioural safety occupation card per month
- Ensure high standards of product quality are maintained at all times
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine (wear parts replacement belt and chain tightening etc.)
- Carry out QC checks on finished product and complete QA paperwork
- Keep your area clean & tidy as per the 5S system
- Set up the machine between different jobs (customer orders) and ensure set time targets are met
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine (wear parts replacement, belt and chain tightening etc.)
- Drive the machine to meet production targets (OEE, Feeds, waste etc.)
- Use the Tier system to raise issues affecting Quality or performance
- Ensure effective handovers between shifts are achieved
- Carry out scheduled Level 1 maintenance (cleaning) of the machine and ‘When Down Do’ activities
- Use CBS to run QC paperwork and enter codes after any machine downtime
- Forward plan and notify Team Leader of issues that will affect OEE Complete all SPS paperwork and graphs
- Use the system to communicate issues and maintain standards and performance
- Notify the team leader if customer orders are short
- Carry out basic machine Level 2 calibrations
- Participate in problem solving sessions
- Carry out basic machine lubrication
Requirements and prospects
A background of working with machinery in an Engineering, Manufacturing or similar capacity, whether studying at school or college.
- A commitment and desire to work within the manufacturing Industry with Saica Pack
- Have good attention to detail and can demonstrate problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal and electronically
- Can demonstrate excellent Team Player qualities as well as able to work independently
- First Aid and Fire Marshall Knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing
- 5S Knowledge
- Min. 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including maths, English, Science, IT and a language
- NVQ/BIT Level 1 or equivalent would be ideal but not necessary
- The opportunity to be a future Leader/Manager within Saica Pack.
Things to consider
- This role requires shift work which include night shifts, therefore only applicants over the age of 18 will be considered for this position
- Apprentice will be paid a salary plus a shift payment of £5,724.72 per annum
- Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment
- Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for interview
About the employer
At Saica Pack we develop attractive packaging for food, beverages, perfumes and detergents that increase the presence of the product on the shelves in compliance with Retail Ready Packaging requirements- easy to transport and store in all phases of the logistics chain.
Saica are originally Spanish family business now employing 10,000 employees across Europe.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Sam Greenwell 01676 526030 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths/English where required
- Off the Job Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.