Apprentice Upholstery Sewing Machinist and Cutter BEESPOKE UPHOLSTERY LTD
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Sewing and Cutting team. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Upholstery Sewing through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce different types of soft furnishings.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
23 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties of a Sewer and Cutter could include:
- Working with a large range of materials including fabrics and leathers
- Cutting various materials ready for upholstery, soft furnishings curtains and blinds
- Patten matching fabrics within tolerance
- Using traditional methods such as slip stitch, tacking and hand sewing
- Use a range of hand tools including scissors, shears, staple lifter
- Cutting materials with templates
- Working on Sewing Machines and Cutting Machines
- Sewing fabrics ready for upholstery soft furnishings
- Administration duties are included in the role, order processing, taking calls, dealing with invoices, ordering fabrics
- Good housekeeping and general labouring duties
- Good organisation workloads ready production
- Checking and ordering new stock, managing storage of stock
- Working as part of a team on piece work production
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to becoming an Sewer:
- Be able to adjust to working on different designs and models of soft furnishings
- Basic numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Being able to work within a factory environment
- The ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attitude
- Be punctual
- Excellent team working skills
- Being able to work confidently under pressure
None required, however the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Modern Upholstery, traditional Upholstery, Supervision or Furniture design and Prototyping
- Progression within the organisation to include more responsibility and wider range of production work
Things to consider
- Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
Some roles require repetition.
About the employer
Beespoke Upholstery is a Unique British company with an extensive range of traditionally handmade furniture available in a wide choice of fabrics; our products can be tailored to your individual requirements including size, choice of springs and seat interiors to achieve your desired comfort.
The directors with over 60 years’ experience between them and their staff, are proud to offer high quality handmade British products that come with a lifetime guarantee on the frame construction and springing, supported by excellent customer service, will give you peace of mind when you choose Beespoke Upholstery.
Additional location information
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Josie Teale 01159677771 email@example.com
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to Train on a Block basis here at Webs Training Beeston Nottingham, this will be for a week at a time Monday - Friday x5 per year. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Sewing and Cutting to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke soft furnishings using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.