Apprentice Print Technician Chadwicks of Bury Ltd
Clondalkin (Chadwicks) based in Bury, have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to learn the job role of Printer which will include; learning all aspects of Flexographic Printing, to include pre-press and the setting, operating and running of all Flexographic printing machines in the business.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
23 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The learn all aspects of Flexographic Printing, to include pre-press and the setting, operating and running of all Flexographic printing machines in the business
- To be aware of all Health and Safety aspects in the working environment
- To understand all hygiene requirements of the business
- Supporting all pre-press and print operators in the day to day running of the department
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Ensuring good time keeping
- Completing all required qualifications and training
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Physically able to carry out duties of the role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- To be able to work under supervision
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to plan ahead
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task
GCSE Grade C/4 or above or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent is essential in the following:
- A full time positon may be available for the right candidate at completion of the Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment
- Performance, time keeping and attendance reviews throughout the programme could lead to a wage increase
- Under the age of 18, hours are resricted to working between 6am-10pm
- No more than 40hrs per week may be worked
- No operation should be carried out unless the relevant SOP and Risk Assessment have been read and signed off by a competent/fully trained member of the department
- All work should be carried out under direct supervision of a qualified member of staff and at no time will a young person be left to work on a machine without fully trained member of staff present
About the employer
Clondalkin Flexible Packaging Bury, formerly known as Chadwicks, is the world leader in heat seal, pre-cut lid manufacture technology with an unbeatable reputation for quality, global service, flexibility and innovation.
Our products are used across varied markets including dairy, food and drinks. Our commitment to execellence extends from our largest to our smallest customers.
From our head office and manufacturing site in Bury, Greater Manchester, we use the latest technology and processes to maintain our positon at the forefront of the industry - somewhere we have always been since the day we were founded.
We have 50 cutting presses at our disposal - the largest number of Europe - as well as access to over 300 tool sizes, making us capable of supplying lids in more than 300 shapes and sizes.
Our reputation is founded on our in-house design studio origination and print preparation and ability to produce high quality flexographic printing, including UV printing, in up to 8 colours. Clients can call upon a wide range of materials to suit all applications and container types and are supported with technical expertise and back-up including on-site technical visits.
We have been working to the highest possible standards for the past 50 years and are proud to have claimed 28 European printing awards in recognition of the benchmark standards we have been setting.
We are part of the flexible packaging division of the internationally renowned Clondalkin Group and employ more than 120 people, with sales offices around the world helping us to maintain strong contact with our overseas customers who make up around 50% of our work.
LEARN 2 PRINT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learn 2 Print
- Print Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- 1 day per month study at workplace with Learn2print
- Allocated assessor with regular visits to the workplace to review practical element of the apprenticeship
The successful applicant will be trained in-company to carry out a variety of printing duties.
- A full plan will be formulated to give a progressive, structured training scheme
- Training modules will be issued at each stage covering all aspects of on-site training with hands–on experience
- This will cover everything including health and safety and general industrial practices
- Industry specific technical training will take place on every module offering the apprentice a unique opportunity to learn from industry professionals
- Training on each module will be to a required standard rather than a time limit
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.