Commis Chef Apprentice Summer Lodge Hotel
A great opportunity to work in an award winning, fine dining, restaurant in the heart of the West Dorset countryside. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Commis Chef to join the team. This role is ideal for an Apprentice Commis Chef who is genuinely keen on developing a career producing excellent dishes using fresh produce.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
23 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Preparations (Mise en Place)
- Cooking and dressing plates as the candidate progresses during apprenticeship
- Manage your time carefully
- Complete your work to exacting standards with the guidance from Senior Chefs
- Stock checks, stock control and waste management
- Identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
- Team working and developing working relationships
- Maintain a high level of good hygiene standard
- Ability to work alongside others with a positive attitude, maintain good time keeping
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety
- Good knife skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate about the industry and keen to learn
- Able to take instructions and carry out duties appropriately
- Someone who can learn from mistakes and move forward
- Determination – a ‘get up and go’ attitude
- Enjoy working within a fast-paced, hot kitchen
- Focused on the detail, attention to cleaning tasks
- Passionate about cooking and focused on quality
- Reliable & trustworthy – always turning up for shifts and training sessions
- Commitment and willingness to learn
GCSE English and GCSE maths (grade A*-C or 9-4), or equivalent qualification desired, but not essential.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, there may be further opportunities within the business on a permanent basis.
Things to consider
Apprenticeship to start when hospitality can open again.
About the employer
The award-winning Grade II Listed Summer Lodge Country House Hotel in Dorset is the epitome of luxurious five-star country house charm. This Relais and Chateaux property sits within glorious countryside in a picturesque village.
Dining at Summer Lodge is a truly memorable experience.
Steven and his team serve traditional English dishes tempered with a twist of modern European. It's an exquisite combination that has had critics scribbling in their napkins! Offering the finest meats and the most delicately cooked fish dishes, many of the ingredients are sourced from the wealth of fine produce found in our locality, and from our own gardens.
Experience exemplary service and warm smiles at every turn, and discover beautifully appointed rooms which are individually decorated with traditional elegance.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Richard Longden 07880480806 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training on all sections of the kitchen as well as food hygiene, stock rotation, menu planning, costing and assisting with college projects and assessments.
Including 20% off the job training at Yeovil College.
- Commis chef Level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.