Digital Printing and Post Press Apprenticeship John Dollin Printing Services Ltd
JDP are a leading Printer in the south of England. We use the latest technology in print and finishing and the successful candidate would receive training in all aspects of manufacturing, from goods-in to final dispatch and everything in between.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2021
£172.00 - £300.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
23 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will entail various duties in both the digital printing and finishing departments.
Using inkjet and laser printing methods.
Much of your work could take place on computerised machinery, as digital printing processes are widespread.
- Matching colours to the pre-press proofs
- Restocking ink levels
- Feeding the print materials into the presses
- Carrying out quality checks during the print run
- Identifying problems and fixing faults
- Cleaning presses after a print run has finished (either by hand or using automatic cleaning systems)
- Carrying out basic machine maintenance.
Print Finishing Technicians use precision cutting and finishing equipment to complete the final display of a print product for the client.
The work comes last in the process of putting together a print product.
Duties typically involve:
- Creasing and folding
- Die cutting
- Booklet making
- Wiro binding
- PUR binding
- Shrink Wrapping
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant, growing company and to be part of the future development of the business.
Full the job training will be provided.
Requirements and prospects
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to learn and experiment
- Close attention to detail
- Aptitude for technology
- Calm and pragmatic, friendly attitude, working well under pressure
- Work well as part of a team or individually
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Have good communication skills
- Be methodical and well-organised
- Work to a high degree of accuracy, even when working to a deadline
- Pay close attention to detail
- Be able to follow instructions closely from clients to achieve the right result
- Have a calm manner and work well under pressure
- Be a good team player
- Good maths and English skills are required in order to be able to understand and interpret job details and instructions (a minimum C grade would be required at GCSE level or equivalent)
- No formal qualifications required for the right candidate as functional skills are available throughout the duration of the programme
Offer of a permanent role upon successful completion.
Things to consider
Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for interview.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
JDP are a leading Printer in the south of England. Using the latest technology in print and finishing in their state-of-the-art Whitchurch based headquarters.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Sam Greenwell 01676 526030 email@example.com
- Print Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills as required
- Off the job training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.