Apprentice Dental Nurse Avinash Matmari and Rashmi Matmari
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience while gaining on the job qualifications. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
22 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Your daily activities could include:
- Assist the dentist / therapist / hygienist during all clinical procedures
- Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery
- Assist the dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions
- Assessments, this may also include minor oral surgery
- Assist the hygienist with scale and polish and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history and radiographs on either paper based or computerised systems
- Reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting patients, making appointments and recording them correctly on the system
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam, and normal domestic
- Assisting with the preparation of the patient and equipment during the taking of x-rays and processing and storing all images
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Requirements and prospects
- A good communicator and be willing to be part of a team supporting each other
- The ability to make decisions and use their own initiative, have strong organisational skills, as well as having a caring nature and be comfortable talking to patients of all ages
- The ability to work as an individual as well as when part of a team and be respectful to team members at all times
- Be an excellent communicator at all levels, via telephone and face to face
- Be able to use their own initiative
GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
The successful candidate will work towards achieving a level 3 qualification in dental nursing with experience in a busy dental practice.
Upon completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be an experienced and qualified dental nurse, and as such you can continue building up skills that will always be in demand. Career breaks and part time working are often possible. You could then progress to acquire specialist qualifications in areas such as sedation, dental radiography and oral health education.
You may take on more responsibilities as a trainer for other dental nurses or move into a management role within your dental practice, or decided to apply for a course to qualify as a dental hygienist or therapist.
Things to consider
Please do not contact the company direct. PLEASE NOTE; we reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role.
About the employer
We’ve been serving Blackpool families for over 40 years – often seeing 4 or 5 generations of the same family. We’re proud to be part of the local community and are firm believers in a polite, friendly and caring atmosphere.
Avinash Matmari and Rashmi Matmari
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Chelsey Mawman 01254 54659 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.