CNC Operator Apprentice F Jones (Cleveland) Ltd
The CNC Operator will work within the Production Area of F.Jones Cleveland Ltd in the manufacture of solid stone surfaces. In addition to programming, setting up and operating CNC equipment, the operator is also responsible for maintaining the equipment to a high standard and to undertake repairs of a more complex nature within their skill set.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2021
23 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The CNC Operator will:
- Contribute to meeting targets relating to the quantity, quality and timeliness of goods manufactured by this organisation. Work with the Team Leader, Technical Director and Production Manager to develop and improve Key Performance Indicators for the Department
- Liaise with the Team Leader, Technical Director, Production Manager and all other Managers to ensure that customer needs are met in terms of accuracy, quality and timeliness
- Drive production to ensure that workflow is consistent to meet the output requirements of our customers
- Implement maintenance schedules relating to all work equipment specifically within the CNC department and generally within the whole factory and undertake repairs within their known skill set and qualification
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is maintained to the highest standard in accordance with schedules issued by the Technical Director
- Operate equipment and carry out manufacturing processes to the standards required under F.Jones Ltd. Quality Policy and to maintain the level of production as determined by the Production Manager to meet customer needs
- Ensure that they are issued with appropriate PPE and consumables as required. Economic use of consumables must be recognised and rigorously applied. Monitor and audit tools and consumables used by the department and account for use to the Team Leader, Production Manager and Technical Director
- Ensure that the Health and Safety Policy of F.Jones Cleveland Ltd is applied without exception and all breaches are reported to the Production Manager in the first instance
- Support the organisation’s policy of continuous improvement by continually challenging, innovating and developing ideas and projects
- Initiate and continue a programme of Self-Development to ensure that skills and knowledge continually grow to meet the demands of this organisation
- Support the Management Team and Directorate of F.Jones Cleveland Ltd. by contributing the high standards demanded by our discerning customer base
- Undertake any other duties deemed appropriate within his/her skill levels requested by management
Requirements and prospects
- Computer Literacy and Keyboard Skills
- Numerical Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Working within a team
- Working to a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of Breton-Cam and Auto-Cad computer programmes
The right candidate should have GCSEs or equivalents at grades C/4 or above in English and maths.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering is a valuable stepping stone to further study such as higher apprenticeships or to employment within a wide range of possible careers including manufacturing, power and processing, building services or transport.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
About the employer
Modern manufacturers turn ideas into products and services. In today's competitive market place, we recognise that for manufactures to do this effectively, we need to be innovators as well as exceptional service providers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 - Engineering Technician
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.