Apprentice Senior Production Chef The Old Bull Inn Hotel
We are looking for a Senior Production Chef Apprentice to join our friendly team. The successful candidate needs to have a passion for food and a willingness to learn. You will be assisting in mealtimes and for our various functions that we hold at our lovely 16th century Inn.
Closing date: 21 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
22 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This role requires a friendly ambitious chef. It will be in a fast-paced environment at peak times and as such we are looking for a chef who has some experience.
We are looking for chefs who are eager to learn but have chef experience, you will benefit from having a good work/life balance.
Duties will include:
- Supervise and contribute to the production of centrally developed standardised recipes and menus
- Supervise the production of dishes to meet specific dietary requirements
- Complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- Identify training needs and assist in the recruitment of kitchen personnel
- Maintain the catering operating budget using nominated suppliers and ensuring the control of waste
- Support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience
- Monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity
- Lead team briefings/meetings
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication
- Ability to use own initiative
- Organisational skills
- Possess a desire to work within the food/hospitality industry
- Committed to the role
- Good communication skills & ability to communicate with colleagues
Good standard of general education to GCSE level (or equivalent) to include GCSE in English and maths at Grade C/4 or above IT qualification is desirable.
After successful completion of the Apprenticeship you will become a full time employee with lots of further learning and progression to develop and be the best you can be achieving your full potential.
About the employer
Our Inn with it's historic charm is the perfect place to visit. We have an excellent reputation for our great food and warm and friendly service. We offer a welcoming atmosphere for weddings, dinner or for returning guests to stay at our 16th century Inn.
SMART TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training & Recruitment
Smart Training email@example.com
- Senior Production Chef Level 3 Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Full induction through and ongoing training/learning and development throughout the Apprenticeship by Performance Network and Smart.
Senior production chef
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.