Apprentice Machinist CONSTRUCTION WORKS LIMITED TA: City Works
Construction Works are looking for an Apprentice Machinist to join their team. You will learn about the machining industry.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
28 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Excellent Opportunity for an apprentice to learn and develop skills within the engineering sector focusing on turning and milling.
duties to include:
- Using manual lathes and milling machines to produce components for customers
- Preparation and collection of materials needed for the job at hand
- Maintaining health and safety requirements for housekeeping in the work area
- Carry out highly skilled precision work
- Set up, operate and adjust equipment settings as applicable
- Carry out checks to ensure components meet the required specification and quality standard
Requirements and prospects
- Able to use maths effectively
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent timekeeping and punctuality
- Interest in the engineering / machining industry
- Positive, can do attitude
- Desire to learn and develop
- Able to use and understand written instructions
- Able to use tools (general tools) and understand how they work
- Practical ability
- GCSE English, maths and Science grade 3 (D) and above or equivalents
- Progression to advanced apprenticeship
About the employer
Machining (turning and milling) company based in central Hull
CONSTRUCTION WORKS LIMITED TA: City Works
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Engineering Works
Maria Hemsworth 01482 308728 email@example.com
- Engineering Operative Level 2 Standard
Off the job training to include work-based delivery and observations, classroom activities and learning (both virtual and face to face) practical workshop activities.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.