Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Buff Hair & Beauty
A fantastic opportunity to become an apprentice in a well established salon located in Winchmore Hill.
Closing date: 03 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
21 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful applicant must be hard-working and willing to work as part of a team. Duties will include:
- Reception duties
- Answering telephone enquiries
- Greeting customers
- Assisting therapists and other associated duties as required such as; hand and nail treatments, foot treatments, facials, basic massages, eye treatments and waxing
- You will be required to work full-time within the salon, including Saturdays
Requirements and prospects
- No experience required as full training will be given
- Must have good customer service skills and be of smart appearance as this is a customer facing role
- Good communication skills
- Being able to work as part of a team
- Honest, reliable and eager to learn
No formal qualifications required.
To complete Beauty Therapy Level 2 and potential progression onto Level 3 to become a fully qualified Beauty Therapist.
Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and receive a minimum of 20% of your working hours in off the job training.
As you come to the end of your Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship you will be required to carry out an independent end test which you will need to pass to complete your qualification. The end test (also known as a trade test) includes a five hour practical exam of two models to include:
- Waxing of two areas - one must include half a leg including the knee
- One manicure, either French or dark polish
- One pedicure to include a French polish and a dark polish
- Eye treatment which must include eyebrow shaping, an eyelash attachment system
- An eyelash tint
- One facial treatment
- One make-up application
About the employer
Buff Hair and Beauty Day Spa is considered a wellbeing centre of excellence. We are proud to be a Concept Spa for Aveda - the leading organic brand within the hair and beauty industry.
Buff Hair & Beauty
SAKS (EDUCATION) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Saks Education Ltd
Amy Donlan 01325 341596 firstname.lastname@example.org
Beauty Therapist Level 2.
Training will be provided by Saks Education Ltd to complete Beauty Therapy Level 2 qualification. Also in salon training will be provided by the salon.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.