Customer Service/Admin Apprentice ZAPKAM LIMITED
Zapkam is looking for a well rounded apprentice with a passion for sport, excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, organised approach and good computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 38.75
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
21 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will have a varied role, learning all aspects of the business, to include:
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls to existing and prospective customers
- Managing customer accounts
- Packing orders and stock control
- Website management
- Reporting on inbound deliveries
- Overseeing production, working alongside our manufacturing partners
- General administrative duties
Requirements and prospects
- Intermediate computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office would be important. Ideally a familiarity with Photoshop and/or Corel Draw.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Creative flair
- Confident, outgoing nature
- Proactive and eager to learn
- A “can-do” attitude and positive approach
- Friendly & personable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ambition to progress with Zapkam
- Empathy for customers
- Genuine interest in and passion for sport, especially football!
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include maths & English at Grade A* - C/9 - 4 essential
- ICT and/or Business Studies GCSE (or equivalent) or A levels would be beneficial
Having the right attitude, work ethic and commitment to your education as well as your employment are essential requirements to this role.
The successful candidate will support our sales existing team for 2 years with the aim of being promoted to a sales executive at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Can you easily travel to and from the company based around these working hours?
Please ensure that you have a genuine interest and knowledge base in sports, particularly football and are ready to apply this with the administration function of the apprenticeship role.
Applications will only be accepted through the National Apprenticeship Website, https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College (normally via email) to invite you to attend a pre interview and initial assessment. If you are successful, you will then be invited to attend an interview with the employer .
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS REGULARLY.
About the employer
Zapkam is a young and dynamic manufacturer of custom made sports wear and equipment, with a rapidly increasing yet demanding customer base.
Zapkam was originally founded by Managing Director William Pedrick with the aim of providing high quality sportswear at a fair price. William founded the company as a result of buying a pair of goalkeeper gloves for over £50.00, which used up all of his birthday money at nine years old. The gloves fell apart after the first use but both the brand and the retailer, from which he had purchased them from, refused to replace the gloves.
Zapkam moved to larger premises on Waterwells Business Park in 2019, to accommodate its exciting growth. It wishes to recruit an apprentice to our growing team with a positive, can-do attitude.
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Nikki Mann 07984 540874 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
As the successful apprentice you will undertake an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service with an embedded administration pathway.
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by a South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Assessor. You will be required to attend Stroud Campus to complete any underpinning knowledge support, however the majority of your assessments towards your qualifications will be undertaken within the workplace environment.
You will be assigned a supervisor/mentor within the workplace, who will support you to develop your workplace skills, knowledge and experience throughout the duration of your apprenticeship programme.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.