Apprentice Support Assistant Horton Housing
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to start a career in Health and Social Care. You will be trained to the highest standard and work as part of the team. You will oversee the referral and assessment module and support young people (aged 16-25) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness via our Drop-in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
20 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will assist support workers to provide a range of housing related support services to clients including independent living skills, access to other services including housing, training and education and health promotion.
- Work in a professional, but friendly and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Converse with people face to face or over the phone and record any messages, ensuring they are passed to the correct recipient and being proactive in dealing with client/professionals queries where possible
- Take referrals from young people and professionals and input these on our system. Input assessment Interviews that have been carried out by support workers. These ensure clients meet the service criteria and to highlight financial, physical, emotional, educational, tenancy and other support needs. There will be opportunities to carry out assessments with staff and on your own depending on how confident you are
- Assist the team to ensure that services are culturally sensitive and meet the needs of minority ethnic communities
- Help engage clients with Client Involvement activities
- Assist workers in holding regular visits with clients, to work towards achieving their identified goals and ensuring their highlighted needs are met
- Assist workers in producing, maintaining and recording accurate, up to date information relating to clients and their support needs, including details of all contact and work done with clients
- Assisting workers to promote an inclusive, positive and proactive approach for clients, families and significant others where appropriate
- Assist workers to provide practical support in promoting independent life skills e.g. Housekeeping, budgeting, cooking, shopping, dealing with repairs and maintenance issues
- Assist workers to encourage clients to maintain healthy and active lifestyles
- Once competent in assisting with all the above duties, undertaking the same tasks in a lone working capacity
- Supporting the team by undertaking admin tasks
- Any other duties that, from time to time, may reasonably be required
- Undertaking all the above duties in accordance with HHA’s Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and other policies
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Friendly and non- judgmental personality
- Ability to work in a small team
- A-C / 8-4 in maths and english desirable
- Will be discussed upon completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
Horton Housing Association is a voluntary sector, not for profit organisation. Horton provides a range of support services to a wide range of client groups. This also includes the provision of floating support services, accommodation based services and training.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
James Lund 01422418433 email@example.com
- Healthcare Support Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Healthcare support worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.