Pre-school Apprentice Bevois Town Community Pre-school
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local preschool in Southampton are looking for a L2 ( or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
20 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local preschool in Southampton are looking for a L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentices to join their team.
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
Requirements and prospects
Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (toddlers or pre-school)
To be a confident, organised, reliable, hard working creative person.
GCSE or equivalent maths and English at 4/C grade or above is preferred but not essential.
Once completing your L2 (or L3) Apprenticeship, you would be offered a full time position and further training.
Things to consider
Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042
About the employer
Bevois Town Community Pre-school opened in 1994. It operates from a detached classroom within the grounds of Bevois Town Primary School, Southampton. It is run by a voluntary parent committee and serves the local community. The pre-school is registered to care for 38 children per session, and there are currently 65 children aged from 2 to 5 years on roll. The pre-school supports children with learning difficulties and, or, disabilities and children who speak English as an additional language. There is sessional and extended day care provision. The setting opens for five mornings and five afternoons a week during school term time, with optional care offered during the lunchtime period
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715658042 email@example.com
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
If the chosen candidate has a valid L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience in childcare, the L3 Standard will be offered.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.