Nursery Apprentice Monkey Puzzle
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly local nursery in Southsea, Portsmouth are looking for a Level 2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
20 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- Organisational skills
- To be confident, reliable and creative
GCSE maths and English or the equivalent at C/4 grade or above is preferred but not essential.
If the candidate already holds a Level 2 qualification, the Level 3 Early Years Educator option is available (18 months).
Once completing your Level 2 or 3 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Things to consider
If the desired candidate has sufficient experience or a Level 2 Childcare award, the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship is available on an 18-month basis.
Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042.
About the employer
Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Portsmouth South is conveniently located along Elm Grove in central Southsea. It is close to Portsmouth University, Guildhall square, Gunwharf Quays and Palmerston Road precinct. It also has the added benefit of being within a mile of the hovercraft terminal, Portsmouth’s two main train stations and the Gosport ferry.
The old Kings Church site has been renovated to create a bright, spacious, open plan environment beyond the shop front exterior. It provides outstanding facilities for children aged 3 months through to pre-school age and is registered with OFSTED.
It has a dedicated room for various age ranges and each room reflects the seven areas of learning, as prescribed in the Early Years Foundation Stage. All of the facilities are designed to be accessible to every child.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715658042 email@example.com
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths at Level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
If the desired candidate already holds a valid L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience, the L3 Early Years Educator is available on an 18 month basis.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.