Warehouse Operative Apprentice - Ambient Department AF Blakemore & Son Ltd
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work within a busy warehouse environment at A.F. Blakemore, based in Tipton. The apprentice will play an important role in the day to day planning, organisation and smooth running of the warehouse within the Logistics Division, to ensure all daily tasks and business objectives are met.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
19 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accurate assembly of customer orders
- Loading goods onto cages and/or packing goods into crates in a safe, stable, and manageable manner
- Accurate input of weighted items
- Accurate marking and storage of assembled orders awaiting despatch
During the apprenticeship programme you will hit set milestones that ensure you are given development points to work towards.
These milestones will not only serve to develop your skills and role scope, but they will also serve to enhance your experience of the programme and give you a greater understanding of the varying roles within the overall business.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Attention to detail
- Hardworking, reliable, and willing to complete any tasks associated with their job role
- Consistent compliance with health and safety
- Compliance with company values
- Positive approach to covering other roles within the department
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Adherence to safe working procedures
- Awareness of ambient, freezer and chilled functions
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Opportunity to attend the ‘Warehouse and Distribution Warehouse to Wheels’ scheme to achieve full HGV licence and/or attend a Blakemore Logistics People With Potential Day.
Successful applicants will attend an ILM Level 2 programme in Leadership and Team Skills and be appointed to supervisor role.
Things to consider
- Apprentices will be working in a warehouse environment and an ambient environment
- Candidate will need to be physically able to carry out the demands of the role
About the employer
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward-thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of circa £1.3 billion.
A.F. Blakemore now entails retail, wholesale, distribution, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 290 SPAR stores and serving more than 1,000 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with integrity. Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship Works 01922651100 email@example.com
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.