Warehouse Operative Apprentice GADGET EXPRESS LIMITED
Opportunity to join a leading company in tech sales. Working in a small team in the warehouse you will be a vital part of this growing successful company.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
£192.00 - £200.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
19 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Reporting to your line manager you will receive your daily tasks that will include:
- Picking and packing orders for dispatch
- Checking items to make sure they are in good condition to be sent
- Cross checking delivery notes
- Working through the order list to make sure deliveries are met
- Report any damaged stock or issues to your line manager
Please note you will receive pay reviews throughout your apprenticeship.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Confidence with communication
- Organisational skills
- Genuine interest with working in the supply chain sector
- Attention to detail
- Professional mannor
- Self-motivated & reliable
GCSE or equivalents at grades A -C / 7-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Established in 2011 Gadget Express have grown to be the UK’s premier one-stop-shop company where you can get everything from an A Grade Reconditioned Nokia 6300 to an electrical TENS Machine. Their focus is on providing the latest products from around the world at the very best prices coupled with a level of service that is second to none.
They offer a wide selection of fantastic Gadgets, Party Items, Phone Accessories and Tools Including recently adding a CCTV Camera range for Home and Commercial Security
GADGET EXPRESS LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.