Hair Professional Apprentice MAJOR (NORTHAMPTON) LIMITED
Fantastic opportunity to join the busy, successful and creative team at Major's salon as a Hair Professional Apprentice.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
19 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your duties will involve all aspects of training towards gaining the Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard.
Hairdressers will be able to:
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Cut hair using a range of techniques
- Style and finish hair to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair for ladies
- Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair
- They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients
- Demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role
- Be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills
Requirements and prospects
Behaviours and communication:
- Greet clients in a friendly manner, choose the most appropriate way of communicating with clients; be helpful and courteous at all times; adapt behaviours in response to each client; respond promptly to clients seeking assistance; establish client expectations and needs; explain clearly any reasons why the client’s needs or expectations cannot be met; willingly undertake wider salon duties, including reception duties where appropriate
Safe working practices:
- Maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods; adhere to workplace, suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products; meet legal and organisational requirements; maintain the client’s modesty, privacy and comfort; minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue; promote environmental and sustainable working practices; ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and local authority requirements; and correctly use Personal Protective Equipment
- Creatively assess the client’s requirements; examine the hair, skin and scalp; facial characteristics including face shape, skin tone, hair colour, lifestyle and suitability, conduct visual checks and any necessary tests on the hair, skin and scalp; advise clients on services or products; identify the client’s hair characteristics and hair classification; advise clients on hair maintenance and management
- You must demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
- Have a commitment to quality, a positive attitude and team working
- Work under pressure
- Observe time management and self-management
- Show a willingness to learn
- Complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard
- Meet organisational and industry standards of appearance
- Observe professional ethics
You must have achieved GCSE or equivalent in mathematics and English Language.
Once you have achieved your Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard, there is always the opportunity of progressing onto an Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Hairdressing or in development, the Senior Hair Professional Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role will involve standing for the majority of your working day. Due to the nature of the business, you will be required to work Saturdays, you may also be required to work some late evenings within your working week. The salon opening times are:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 9am - 6pm
- Thursday: 9am - 8pm
- Friday: 9am - 8pm
- Saturday: 8am - 4pm
- Sunday: Closed
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We take great pride in the quality of our team, and we only use the finest professional hair products the industry has to offer, including System Professional, Sebastian & Nioxin.
MAJOR has been providing ladies and men's haircuts in Northampton since 1992, originally opening as The Cutting Rooms before overhauling a complete rebrand in March 2018. We have three contemporary salons to choose between, St. Leonards Road, Abington Grove and Weston Favell.
Our Abington Grove salon has been going strong since 1995 and you're always guaranteed a lively atmosphere in this salon, and our professional stylists and colour technicians aim to ensure every client leaves with that all important feel good factor.
This inviting hair salon in Abington is very spacious and it still encompasses the feel of an elegant Victorian building, but with a fresh, modern ambience. Clients are offered a freshly brewed cup of tea or a coffee on arrival, and the salon includes a full range of professional hairdressing and colouring services from Monday to Saturday.
Our talented stylists, barbers and colourists care about your hair, and we build relationships with our clients to understand their unique requirements. We boast the largest amount of master colour award technicians in the town, and we only use the finest hair products and equipment to individualise our clients’ hair. Whether you desire a bespoke hair colour, a clean maintenance hair cut or an intricate bridal style for a formal wedding, we have a talented team that can cater for your exact needs.
ASTON RECRUITMENT & TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aston Recruitment & Training Ltd
Courtney Bishop 01604 230371 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate Hair Professional standard
- Functional Skills if required
One day per week at Aston's Academy in central Northampton, working towards the Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard, Functional Skills at Level 1 if applicable.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.