Customer Service and Administrative Assistant Westcountry Fabrication Ltd
Are you self-motivated, organised and efficient? Are you creative and keen to develop your skills in social media and marketing? Are you reliable, personable and confident in communication in both written and verbal forms? If so we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
£149.60 - £170.00
Total hours per week: 34.00
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
16 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are undergoing a period of significant growth and require administrative support to ensure that our high quality customer service level is maintained. This role will be diverse and you will need to adapt to the demands of the business.
- You will be responsible for answering the office telephone to customer enquiries, recording data (using excel/dropbox/ ASANA), responding to e-mails, issuing invoices and quotes, supporting the Director with operational duties and updating and maintaining job files
- You will also be encouraged to observe staff and interview customers to develop blog's and social media posts to assist in implementing our marketing strategy
- You will be the first point of contact for new customers, you will learn how to deal with basic enquiries independently (for example by using our website to quote for steel orders and to take payments and issue invoices) and for the more complicated enquiries you will log relevant information to pass on to another member of staff
- Data is key to our business and accurate records are essential
- You will support the administration staff in updating job files on Dropbox and ASANA to help us to manage our projects
Marketing and social media:
- We have a unique (to the trade) e-commerce website but it lacks the personal touch.
- We have started to add blogs to the website to showcase our work
- You will gather information from staff and customers to continue to write and publish blogs to our website
- We would also like you to create content for our Facebook, Instagram and Linked In pages
- We are currently working at capacity and so do not need to encourage more business at present but this will be an opportunity to showcase our skills and portfolio of work
- You will assist with providing relevant compliance documentation to customers and auditors
- For example you may be asked to produce a Risk Assessment or Method Statement, or COSSH details
- You will be encouraged to develop your knowledge of Health and Safety and GDPR legislation
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in Excel Spreadsheets
- Experience in Microsoft Word
- Either experience with wordpress and social media and marketing OR the willingness to independently develop these skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisations skills with good attention to detail
- Personable and resilient
- You must be able to work with a wide range of customers and staff
- Ambitious, with a drive to succeed in all tasks
GCSE maths and English Grade 4 or equivalent. Alternative skills based certificates in Excel, IT and English will be considered.
The best candidates will bring initiative and motivation to continue to develop and grow our business. If the business continues to grow at its current rate we will be seeking managerial support in the future (such as an operations manager). Should an apprentice show high levels of skill and commitment this could be an opportunity available to the right candidate in the next 18-24 months.
Things to consider
Please consider the location of this vacancy and how you would get here each day for work.
About the employer
Westcountry Fabrication is a family run business based in Saltash on the Cornwall/Devon border serving domestic and commercial customers across the south of England. From our extensively equipped workshop we offer the complete range of steel supply, design and metal fabrication services. Our skilled site teams offer delivery, installation and fitting services across the South of England.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
This is a brand new, bespoke apprenticeship to City College Plymouth. Your core apprenticeship will be based on customer service, with additional business administration assessments to concrete the purpose of your role and learning. All training will be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the employer throughout the 15-18 month apprenticeship. For this apprenticeship you will only have to attend College for the induction sessions and any relevant exams, otherwise all of your learning and assessments will be carried out at the workplace.
Further information can be found on the below link:
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.