Nursery Nurse Apprentice Smilers Nursery (Parkhouse)
Being a key worker for individual children. Planning activities according to the EYFS. Being responsible for caring for babies and children. Working with the nursery manager, parents and other team members.
Closing date: 01 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Feb 2022
15 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Smilers Nursery.
- An ability to work in all areas of the nursery with different age groups of children
- Fully understand the EYFS, to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery
- Prepare snacks for the children
- To attend to their personal care needs throughout the day ensuring that the children are respected and safe at all times
- Feeding the children and attending to the sleep and rest needs throughout the day
- Helping with supervising children during activities and play
- Helping with setting up equipment and areas for activities, making sure everything is safe and suitable for the children
- Being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, staff and parents alongside other staff
- Reporting to the room leader and managers of the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Some knowledge of working with children preferable, though not essential
- Good use of English and maths
- Hard worker and willing to be flexible
- Conscientious and works to a high standard
- Kind and caring qualities
- Bubbly personality
- Willingness to learn and also to contribute to the team eg. ideas for activities
- Reliable and good timekeeping
- GCSE’s maths and English Grades 4-9 (A-C) preferable
- Previous child care preferable though not essential
Progressing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) if successful in completing your coursework in the timeframe allowed and good feedback from the employer.
Things to consider
- According to your shift pattern you may have early starts or late finishes
- You will be answerable to your manager or room leader
- You may have a train or bus journey commute to work
- You will also be required to ensure that your coursework is completed within the timeframe allowed and that you have prepared for the EPA (End Point Assessment)
- Working with young children can be very tiring!
About the employer
Smilers Nursery Park House is an addition to the first family-run establishment, which was founded in 1996, in Waltham Forest. Our new branch in Redbridge, is a continuation of the success and hard work that we have had over the last twenty years.
Smilers Nursery Park House offers the same professional services, with the addition of a large outdoor learning area, as well as a brand-new orangery, with lots of space for every child’s creative learning journey. The outdoor area has been specifically designed to introduce an innovative way of learning about the natural environment. This is also a space that has been created for each child to conduct experiments, discover new things and increase their knowledge and understanding of the outside world. We continue to strive in ensuring that every child progresses to their full potentials before starting primary school.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Joe Lucas 0208 518 1344 JoeLucas@trainingtrust.org.uk
- Level 2 early years practioner apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills if required
- The employer may also require you to attend additional training eg. first aid, which will be essential to your role and responsibilities
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.