Hairdressing Apprentice Passion For Hair Nails & Beauty
Passion Hair and Beauty are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Hairdressing Apprentice to join their team in Plymouth. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
13 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
They are looking for an apprentice to join their friendly hairdressing team.
The employer is looking for someone who is enthusiastic with good social skills, who is creative, and really keen to learn.
Duties are likely to include:
- Booking appointments
- Blow drying and styling hair
- Also colour and lightening using a range of techniques
You’ll study hairdressing topics such as hair and skin testing, the effects of chemicals on hair and skin, and the principles of hair colour selection, alongside environmental and sustainable working practices.
There’s also the option to learn about promoting products, perming, and working with different hair types. You will also be required to attend weekly college sessions to cover additional practical training alongside structured theory sessions to enable you to cover the new Hair Professional Standard requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills
- Able to work well in a team, and be able to portray a positive friendly attitude to interact with customers at all times
- Building good relationships with clients is a vital part of a successful salon so excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Good timekeeping and attendance are also important for this position
- The successful candidate will need to be presentable, outgoing and have high standards of hygiene and appearance for this role
- You must have a genuine interest to undertake an exciting career in hairdressing
- You will need to be confident in answering the telephone and have a pleasant personality to talk to clients face-to-face
- You will need to be enthusiastic, have a creative flair and show a willingness to learn and develop to progress through your training to become a qualified stylist
Qualifications required for this role include A*-E 9/3 in English and maths or the equivalent, for example Functional Skills.
On completion of the level 2 qualification, there will be an opportunity to work towards an advanced level 3 to further enhance your skills.
About the employer
Passion Hair and Beauty are a unisex salon who have a mixed clientele, catering for all their client’s needs. They have been established for over 5 years and now and have 10 stylists from the well-trained new members to those who have been stylists for over 15 years.
The salon boasts an extensive range of the latest styling equipment and products this includes award winning Keune, Matrix and Bed Head Tigi. The hair, nail and beauty salon also offer other pampering services to their clients such as Botox, tanning and Flabelos sessions, together with special occasion packages for birthdays, valentines and wedding days.
Their team of hair stylists and beauty therapists are very passionate and dedicated to give their clients the best possible service and experience on every visit to the salon. Their aim is to meet all their client’s requirements and expectations, making sure they leave the salon looking and feeling good about themselves.
Passion For Hair Nails & Beauty
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hair Professional (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Functional Skills in maths and English
Some aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be expected to attend college one day per week, where you will improve upon your knowledge and practical skills.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.