Apprentice Multi Skilled Engineer Amberstone Technology Ltd
This role seeks to develop young talented engineers into multi skilled service engineers within the security industry, to create the new generation of skilled tradesman. The apprentice will be paired with an experienced engineer within their region to support repair and maintenance work on security systems, or to support new installation works.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
20 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Amberstone Security is a dynamic and forward-thinking company who prides itself on the quality of its staff and the service they provide. The company is an approved Contractor through the SIA and is placed within the top 15% of all security providers which benchmarks our high quality within the industry and shows us as best in class.
We are looking for Apprentice Engineers to work on all types of electronic security equipment including:
- Access Control
- Intruder alarms or similar security equipment
Our Apprentices will be working alongside experienced engineers, supporting the completion of repair, maintenance and installations.
This is a field-based role, and we are recruiting in Birmingham, Manchester and the South. You will be assigned a region within commutable distance of your home location , however traveling further afield may be required.
Amberstone is a NSI Gold accredited Security Company, and your on-the-job training will be conducted in compliance with these standards to ensure that you are given a wealth of knowledge and experience at the best standard.
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and techniques while under the supervision and instruction of our skilled engineering team
- Learning the importance of Health and Safety and working responsibly within controlled environments
- Following instructions with great attention to detail and care, as you learn new skills, demonstrating that you can perform complex tasks with a high degree of precision
- Maintaining a smart appearance and acting in a professional manner at all times
- Working to support your engineering team by completing all tasks allocated to you, including maintaining good housekeeping of the workplace, tooling and facilities
- Coordinate with your engineering team and plan your journeys to and from site to ensure that you are always on time and well prepared for the task at hand with all required PPE
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solver
- Tidy and someone who wants to listen and learn
GCSE maths, English and Science or equivalents.
- Patch engineer
- Install engineer
- Area supervisor
- Commissioning engineer and into management
About the employer
Amberstone are a major supplier of intelligence-led manned guarding and loss prevention services and one of the leading providers of electronic security solutions operating across the UK and Europe. We pride ourselves on our tailored and innovative approach to meeting our customers needs, from comprehensive end-to-end solutions to the procurement of bundled or individual products and services.
We aim to provide the best return on investment for our varied client base, whilst reducing risk, minimising costs and sharing strategic best practice, wherever possible.
Additional location information
SKILLS FOR SECURITY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills for Security Ltd
Fire emergency and security systems technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- On site engineering of all disciplines through a buddy system and regular appraisals
- You also will be required to attend the Skills for Security training centre on a block release basis to complete obtain a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification. As part of the apprenticeship training you will be required to complete training tasks and gather site evidence needed to supplement your studies
- You will be required to complete an annual assessment at the training centre and take part in any additional training courses that the company require you to complete
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.