Apprentice Nursery Assistant Stepping Stones Montessori Nursery
Stepping Stones are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Dec 2021
12 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of mealtimes, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Contribute to planning observations and activities
- To use own initiative and work as part of a team
Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSE's C/4 in Mathematics and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position.
Things to consider
- Physically active all day. Cleaning and tiding on a daily basis
- From 1st April 2021, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship
About the employer
Stepping Stones was founded in 1996 and has been under the same management ever since. Housed in two rooms within the Church of God of Prophecy in Kitto Road, we are able to cater for up to 29 children aged between 6 months and 5 years old. Our aims and objectives are: To provide high quality childcare provision for young children and their families. To enable parents to return to education or work, so that they improve their children’s life and get them out of poverty and depravation. To serve the local community, to promote racial equality and anti-discriminatory practice and inclusive provision. To ensure that all children have access to an appropriate broad curriculum, be considered as individuals, have their needs met, be given opportunities to become independent, and have access to all areas of the curriculum and provision (equality of opportunity). To reflect to the local and wider community and make all children and their families feel comfortable, welcome and included. We are open from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday throughout the year except for bank holidays, one week at Easter, two weeks in August and seven working days at Christmas. The school day begins at 9.00 am and all children are expected to have arrived by this time. Our Montessori class caters for children aged two to five, and we also have a toddler unit for children aged 6 months upwards. The minimum age of entry to the toddler unit is 6 months. Children can join the main Montessori class from the age of two years. Children may start at any time of the year, subject to the availability of places.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 email@example.com
- Level 3 Childcare
- Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.