Apprentice Painter and Decorator Superior Decorating Ltd
Working with our experienced decorators to assist with decorating projects across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and South London. Level 2 Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship. Transport Essential due to working between different sites.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
09 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Being a Painter and Decorator is a challenging and active role. You should be able to cope with the physical demands of the job and also have the skills and an aptitude to carry out various tasks associated with painting and decorating and willing to learn.
You will be working under supervision and will be responsible for a variety of different tasks:
- Measuring surface areas and working out how much paint or wall covering is needed
- Preparing the materials, you need
- Stripping off old wallpaper or layers of paint
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
- Covering surfaces with primer and undercoat
- Mixing paint to the right shade, often using computerised colour-matching equipment
- Applying coats of paint, hanging wallpaper and adding special finishes like glazes or marbling
- Tidying up after finishing, and cleaning your tools
Use different application methods including brush, roller, spray, power-assisted rollers and special effects tools.
Prepare and strip surfaces using abrasives, chemical etchants, power sanders, heat and liquid methods.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work well with others
- To be flexible and open to change
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Customer service skills
- Excellent time keeping skills
- A positive attitude
- Eagerness to get work done in a timely fashion
- Whilst maintaining a high standard
Good GCSE results (A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent) are desirable.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full-time position as a sub-contractor could be offered.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the role transport is essential, you will be travelling between different sites on a regular basis.
About the employer
At Superior Decorating, we believe a job is only as good as it’s finishing touches. We were established in 2000 and over the years have built a superb reputation for ourselves.
We have worked at many prestigious venues, including ex-prime minister’s homes, Arabian Royalty, top London hotels such as The Mandarin, The Berkeley, The Connaught and the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden.
We do all types of internal and external decorating.
We work in Sussex, Surrey, Kent and South London, all areas within a thirty-mile radius of Gatwick.
Superior Decorating Ltd
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Coast College Hastings
Debbie Baldok-Apps 07971711253 Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship Standard
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship standard which will include the Diploma and Functional Skills if required.
East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
The duration for the Painter and Decorator Standard is 36 months and students will attend college one day a week for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.