Apprentice Commis Chef LYCHEE FOODS LTD
You will join a small and determined team in a rapidly growing company serving high-quality dishes for dine in and takeaway customers. Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
£138.60 to £267.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2021
09 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will join a small and determined team in a rapidly growing company serving high-quality dishes for dine in and takeaway customers.
- Preparing and cooking ingredients under the guidance of experienced chefs
- Restocking and working deliveries
- Maintaining high food safety standards through thorough cleaning and safe methods of working
- You will work a mixture of prep and service shifts, being exposed to all tasks in the kitchen, which you will be expected to master quickly, achieving consistent results
- You should have a genuine interest in the cuisine of Malaysia, Thailand and China, and be familiar with key ingredients, cooking methods and finished dishes
- You will work methodically and cleanly and will be expected to wash up and complete routine cleaning tasks
- You will cook and present consistent finished dishes and be friendly and enthusiastic towards colleagues, customers and delivery drivers
Requirements and prospects
- Vegetable and meat preparation
- Knife skills
- Basic knowledge of cooking techniques
- Basic food hygiene
- Basic numeracy
- Good communicator and team player
- Determination and ‘can do’ attitude
- An ability to perform under pressure
- Thorough and detail focussed
- Reliable & trustworthy
● GCSE maths and english grade 4 preferred
● Level 2 food safety preferred, but can be provided
Things to consider
About the employer
Lucky Lychee is a restaurant group serving consistently delicious Chinese, Malaysian and Thai food. We started trading in September 2020 as a street food stand and have since operated as a home delivery service and are currently in residency at The Mucky Duck on Hyde St, Winchester.
In 2021 we plan to further build our customer base before setting up in our own premises and building the foundation for growth into multiple outlets.
Our USP is to serve the needs unmet by most provincial restaurants and takeaways: authentic dishes which are novel to the market, alongside takeaway classics and inventive takes on old favourites. We only use high-quality ingredients with excellent food hygiene, sustainable practises and packaging.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Level 2 Commis Chef.
A commis chef is the most common starting position in many kitchens and in principal the most junior culinary role.
A commis chef prepares food and carries out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef. The primary objective of the commis chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. Therefore, having the opportunity to experience, consider and value each section with a view to choosing an area where they feel most inspired. The learning journey of any chef will vary considerably from one individual to the next; however, it is necessary to understand and have experience in the basics that this role provides in order to progress to any future senior chef role.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.