level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Medina Chemist Ltd
Medina Chemist based in Netherfield Nottingham is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. The minimum hours on offer are min 30per week up to a maximum of 40 dependent on candidate individual circumstances and preference.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£129.00 - £172.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
09 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The post holder will be fully trained during the apprenticeship to work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kind's, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Keen to learn Willing to follow instructions
- Friendly Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Takes pride in their work
A*-D/9-3 GCSE's (or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent) maths &English (desirable).
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship dependent upon the performance.
About the employer
We are a family run full dispensing chemist, dealing with both NHS and private prescriptions. Whether we’re preventing, treating or managing, we pride ourselves on offering a friendly personal service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.