Adult Care Worker Apprentice Holderness House
Fantastic new opportunities have arisen for three new Apprentice Adult Care Workers. You will work in a historic care home situated in the east of Hull in beautiful surroundings.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
09 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are seeking new care apprentices to join our friendly team assisting service users with personal care and daily living tasks.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Assisting service users with the personal care hygiene
- Supporting clients with bath times and mobility
- Welcoming visitors and making refreshments
- Assisting with meals and dietary needs as per individual care plan
- Assisting the clients with social activities
- Engaging with the clients, talking to them and building a rapport
Requirements and prospects
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Must have a patient and caring nature and the ability to work with the elderly
- Communication skills are vital in this role; successful applicants will be able to chat with clients from different backgrounds and different levels of speech ability
- You must have good time management skills; you must be a punctual person and be on time for work
- You must be organised, competent and have good attention to detail
- This is a challenging and hard environment to work within; candidates must have a flexible approach to work
- You must be self-driven, and have an enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed and make a contribution to the lives of our residents, and the care industry
- You must have a friendly outgoing personality
- Successful candidates will have a lot of patience, have a caring approach and be understanding
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Very good prospects for the right candidate with the possibility of securing a permanent position within the company on completion of the qualification with further development opportunities.
Things to consider
Additional to the online application please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com Please ensure that you provide a current email address and contact number to enable us to contact you upon receipt of your application to organise interviews.
Please note all applicants must apply through this website and must not contact the employer direct. The employer must not be contacted by other providers or external organisations, all contacts are being monitored and will be reported to the ESFA.
Candidates must ensure that they are able to travel to the location before applying.
This vacancy may close earlier than stated due to the high demand we are anticipating in response to the advert. We will therefore close the vacancy should the employer receive an adequate number of applications.
About the employer
Welcome to Holderness House in Hull, a residential care home for elderly ladies. Nestled in more than six acres of beautiful gardens and woodland, this historic care home provides an idyllic home for ladies.
We are proud to provide care to the very highest of standards and all our residents are part of an extended family within the home. For more than 90 years we have made each and every lady who lives at Holderness House feel special, at home and most importantly well cared for.
Our dedicated and friendly staff provide all our ladies with first class personal care 24-hours a day. All our rooms are single, with en-suite facilities and all special dietary needs are catered for. We have a lift to all floors and a delightful spacious lounge and library for the ladies to enjoy.
CHAMBER TRAINING (HUMBER) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chamber Training (Humber) Limited
Carol Gill 01482 611896 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Care Certificate
- Day release may be required for training - Assessed through external test
- 20% off the job training
The care certificate is part of a high-quality induction programme carried out in the workplace with your employer. We will support you and your employer with this aspect of your training by mapping this into your individual training plan.
Must be at least 20% of the time; is paid and outside the normal day-to-day working duties. It can include:
- Theory teaching
- Practical training (e.g. shadowing, mentoring, industry visits, attendance at competitions)
- Learning support
- Writing assignments/assessments
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.