Apprentice Hairdresser The Hair Rooms (Nottm) Ltd
The Hair Room are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice hairdresser to join their busy salon. The successful candidate will work towards their Level 2 Hair Professional standard.
Closing date: 25 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Jan 2022
08 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role of our Apprentice Hairdressers involves supporting our professionally qualified staff to provide the following services:
- Style and finish hair, set and dress hair, cut hair using current techniques, colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients, wash shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- The promotion and sales of additional services and products
- Demonstrating throughout the highest level of professional customer care
Tasks that you will learn to do as well as hairdressing/qualification will also include:
- Reception duties answering calls & booking appointments as well as meeting and greeting our clients
- Administration duties, updating client system with clients personal details and colour notes
- Stock control of products
- Selling and promoting products of interest to our clients
A routine but important task is that as an apprentice you will be expected to support colleagues and contribute to the efficient running of a busy salon including routinely carrying out housekeeping and cleaning duties (a daily task within any salon) hovering, moping, washing pots, cleaning and preparing the rooms ready for clients.
Requirements and prospects
- Good, confident communicator with the ability to work in a busy team environment
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work within guidelines & following established customer care practices procedures
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- Friendly and outgoing
- Able to take instructions and direction
A*-D (9-3) maths and English at GCSE or equivalent desirable but not essential
For the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the potential of on-going employment, development and progression within this forward thinking luxurious salon.
About the employer
The Hair Room is an award winning hair salon, based in the heart of Nottingham. They pride themselves on offering a light, modern, contemporary unisex salon with a welcoming friendly and professional atmosphere. The salon has been styled and designed to a very high standard and could be mistaken as a town salon with no expense spared to help you relax and unwind, leaving your hair in their creative hands.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week
- Level 2 Hair professional standard
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.