Nursery Apprentice Carousel Nursery School Limited
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in Hilsea, Portsmouth are looking for L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentices to join their team.
Closing date: 17 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
08 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially, and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing, and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Training Tutor
Requirements and prospects
Someone who ideally has some experience working with children.
To be a confident, organised, reliable, and creative person.
GCSE or equivalent, maths and English at C/4 grade or above is preferred but not essential. A L2 qualification in Childcare would be advantageous if looking to do the L3 award.
Once completing your L2/L3 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Things to consider
Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042
About the employer
Carousel Nursery School has been established since 1998 providing childcare for children from 3 months up until school all year round, as well as school children during school holiday.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715 658042 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
If the desired candidate already holds a valid L2 qualification or sufficient experience, the L3 Early Years Educator is available on an 18-month basis.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.