Nursery Assistant Apprentice Budding Wood Ltd
A fantastic opportunity for the right enthusiastic individual to assist in the day to day running of your designated room. You will have full contact and responsibility under supervision of designated children.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2021
09 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting with the full care of children i.e. ensuring that their physical needs (food and personal hygiene) are met
- Assisting with safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing activities within a stimulating environment
- To be aware of responsibilities in respect of promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, and work alongside others to ensure that this is achieved
- Assisting with the provision of healthy nutritional snacks and meals
- Assisting the Room Supervisor with daily record keeping
- Observation & assessment of key children, once delegated
- Administering First Aid, as appropriate
- Undertake training as appropriate
- Carry out responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework
- Work within the settings Policies & Procedures
- To be coherent with the EYFS and work with Supervisors, Management and others to ensure fully adhered to
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to undertake an NVQ Level 2 Early Years Educator
- Experience of working with children 0-5 years, or genuine desire to learn to.
- An understanding of good quality childcare and willingness to continuously improve standards.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to assist and facilitate safe, creative play.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to meet children’s individual needs.
- Desirable but not essential: Current First Aid Certificate/Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to use judgement and common sense.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Eagerness to learn and progress
GCSE or equivalent English and maths at a pass grade.
A future career in the industry.
Things to consider
Role subject to a clear DBS check.
About the employer
Budding Wood is lead and managed by two directors:
We are both mums ourselves and we understand the stresses and strains of modern working life. We have a wealth of knowledge and times served experience (40 years combined) and hold BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies.
We value old school practice, as well as contemporary methods and theories. We are passionate, caring and patient and we care for children the way we would expect our own children to be cared for. We provide a continuous provision learning environment, where choice & independence is important, We visit a local woodland area weekly for 'Forest School'. Strict social distance procedures are in place.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Apprenticeship Works
Alison Askew firstname.lastname@example.org
NVQ Level 2 Early Years apprenticeship
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.