Lean Manufacturing Apprentice RIVA PAOLETTI LIMITED
Manufacturing Operative required to assist with a variety of duties involved with producing soft furnishings. You will be trained to operate manual and semi-automatic machines and cutting equipment.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
07 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be working in the manufacturing / cutting area carrying out the following duties:
- Receiving deliveries of fabrics/zips and other manufacturing consumables used in the cutting area. This will entail checking goods received to ensure they are to the right specification and book goods into the OP system
- Identify different materials required to fulfil the daily and weekly production requirements for the area
- Be trained and become proficient in being able to operate both manual and semi-automatic fabric spreading machines
- Learn basics of pattern making and relating that to 'lay' length when preparing to spread fabric
- Be trained and become proficient in using mains and battery powered fabric cutting equipment
- Checking items produced to ensure they are to the correct size and design
- Checking and ensuring the correct consumable items are added to any products ready for the next manufacturing process
- Accessing and entering information on the OP system
- Be trained and become proficient in using a label printer for printing care labels for different products
- Working together with Supervisors and operatives in other manufacturing areas as required to ensure manufacturing objectives are met and resolve any issues with a product
- Receive basic operator training in the use of heat transfer press equipment for producing printed fabric
- Part of the training will entail sometime in the digital print room to see how these machines operate as part of our fabric digital printing operation
- Assist in the preparation of samples for customers
- Working with the designers as required on Samples
- Keep the working area clean and safe
- Assist with removal of fabric waste to the external waste bins
- Assist with the removal of cardboard to the cardboard recycling external bin
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience is not essential
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Attention to details
- Punctual and reliable
- Good listener and willing to learn new skills
- Can-do attitude
GCSE or equivalent grades 9-5 in English and maths as a minimum
Full time position with the company in the main manufacturing cutting area.
About the employer
Riva is a family owned business that was established in 1973. We began life supplying curtains to local independent stores and from these small seeds, we have developed into the company we are today.
The company is now in its second generation supplying the UK, Europe and the rest of the globe with over 5,000 products comprising of bedding, blinds, curtains, cushions and throws to independent boutiques, department stores and online retailers.
Based in our 100,000 square foot head office and distribution complex in Leeds (West Yorkshire) our customers will find a vast array of products; from classic to contemporary and everything in between. We truly love supplying our customers with an outstanding product and making sure their experience is second to none. On site we have four large showrooms displaying our ranges - giving our customers the chance to see the items in situ and feel the quality we pride ourselves on.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2
This apprenticeship will be delivered via virtual classroom sessions over a period of 12 months, including distance learning materials, as well as regular visits by your assessor, at the company site.
'Off the Job Training' subjects include:
- Health & Safety within a Manufacturing Environment
- Communicating and Working effectively within a Manufacturing Environment
- Working Relationships and Individual Rights & Responsibilities within a Manufacturing Environment
- Application of Workplace Organisation and Work Related Problem Solving Techniques
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.