Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Stacey Hewitt & Emma Few
A new childminding service in Sutton near Ely are looking to attract a passionate early year’s apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
07 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
With close mentoring support, to deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years and after school care.
To ensure that Tiddley Tots Childcare is a safe environment for children, staff and others. To develop a positive rapport with parents to increase involvement in their child’s development. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Childcare Manager. To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship.
Main roles & responsibilities:
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure the childminding/ nursery setting meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- To understand and work to Tiddley Tots policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencie
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To work in partnership with managers to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the setting and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with Tiddley Tots aims and objectives
Requirements and prospects
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
GCSE’s or equivalent in English and maths grades A-D/9-3
This apprenticeship (at level 2) could lead to a permanent practitioner role and opportunities to continue on to a level 3.
Things to consider
Working with young children is a challenging and also an extremely rewarding and satisfying job.
You really can make a difference to the lives of children and their families.
About the employer
A new childminding service/ nursery based in Sutton, providing all day care alongside before and after school care to. Creating a home from home feeling. In January 2021 we are moving to a venue in Sutton, Ely.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
- Early Years Practitioner Qualification Level 2
English and maths at level 1 must be achieved and evidence of working towards Level 2 maths and English.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.