Apprentice Hairdressing Technician THE SALON ON THE GREEN LIMITED
We have an apprentice opportunity at our salon based in Buckden. This position will suit either a new apprentice looking to start their career, or a candidate looking to complete their Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
07 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Salon responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients as they arrive
- Dealing with payments and appointment bookings
- Shampooing, draping and brushing out a client's hair before the cut or style
- Preparing colour treatments
- Supplying refreshments to clients
- Maintaining the presentation of the salon at all times
- No previous experience is necessary as full training will be provided
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate for great customer service
- Has a creative flair and passionate to learn the hairdressing profession
- Is presentable in appearance
- You will be able to work as part of a small and successful team
- Good time keeping
- Is trustworthy
Must have a minimum of Grades 3/D in both GCSE English and maths (or the equivalent).
This Apprenticeship (at Level 2) could lead to a permanent Hairdressing Technician role and the chance to continue on to a Level 3.
Things to consider
You will be working in the salon 4 days a week with 1 day a week at Cambridge Regional College.
The hairdressing profession is a creative and rewarding industry and the employer will provide close mentoring support to progress to become qualified. The very nature of the job role as a hairdresser means being active for long periods and good body posture is important. Will be required to work Saturdays and extended shifts during the week.
About the employer
Located within the village of Buckden near St Neots, The Salon on The Green is an established hairdressing business that has built-up a professional reputation for creative styles and a friendly service. The successful candidate will be closely mentored and also will gain valuable industry experience working alongside a small team of qualified hair technicians.
THE SALON ON THE GREEN LIMITED
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Camilla 07814 507777
- You will be undertaking a Level 2 Apprenticeship to become a Hair Professional, with opportunities to progress on to Level 3 for the right candidate
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.