Apprentice Care Support Worker MGB CARE SERVICES LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a residential home which has been awarded Outstanding by the CQC. Upon successfully completing the apprenticeship programme, there is the possibility of being employed full time whilst gaining a higher qualification in Health & Social Care.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
06 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
MGB Care Services Ltd are looking to appoint an apprentice to assist the care team in providing the highest standard of professional support to assist service user’s to overcome the effects of autism and other disabilities.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- To contribute to the welfare and development of all service users by providing the highest standards of care and ensuring that appropriate attention is paid to their physical, cultural, social, educational and recreational needs in accordance with assessed needs and goal plans
- To contribute towards the maintenance of sound administrative practice of the service by maintaining full and comprehensive records for identified service users (including reviews, assessments and care plans, etc). This will be achieved by a combination of oral, written and computerised systems
- To assist and service users in maintaining clean and hygienic accommodation and laundry
- To support with implementing Care Plans and to support service users achieve outcomes in line with goal plans, assessed needs and agreed Care Plans with sponsoring Authorities
- To work constructively and professionally with other staff, as an effective member of the team
- To establish and maintain a professional, sympathetic and informative relationship with families, carers, advocates and professionals, particularly within the role of key-worker
- To support service users on outings in public such as trips to the cinema, bowling and other leisure activities
- To comply with and ensure that organisational policy requirements are met
- To comply with procedures and guide-lines as issued by the Company
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Self-motivated and reliable
- A caring personality
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Vision Apprentices are working with MGB Care Services Ltd to recruit a Support Worker apprentice to work in their Sutton House care home.
Sutton House offers residential living and support for adults with challenging behavior, autistic spectrum disorders and complex communication and social needs. At the moment the home has 7 male residents.
MGB Care Services are committed to the empowering of individuals and to supporting self-determination through the promotion of informed choice. We actively support and encourage full integration within the community and promote a culture of continuous development focusing on strengths rather than simply identifying needs. They believe that it is difficult to feel valued when the emphasis is placed only upon what remains to be achieved.
Service users are offered a wide range of leisure and social activities both at home and in the community. These activities are geared towards promoting the greatest degree of independence possible whilst respecting privacy and dignity.
MGB Care Services ensure that service users are fully included in all of the decisions made in respect of their daily lives. Choice is encouraged as a fundamental feature in order to promote individuality and self-respect. We aim to provide a stimulating environment with an emphasis on maximising the amount of independence available to the individual.
The successful apprentice will be completing a Health & Social Care apprenticeship at Level 2 and will be employed directly employed through by MGB Care Services Ltd for the duration of the apprenticeship with possible progression opportunities beyond.
For more information on the home and MGB Care Services please visit their website – www.mgbcareservices.co.uk
MGB CARE SERVICES LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.