Commis Chef Apprentice EY Up Duck Ltd
EyUpDuck are looking to recruit and train someone with a real passion for fresh food, someone who wants to learn the range of commis chef skills.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
06 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Food preparation, cooking and service to include a wide range of food items/dishes
- Cleaning of work areas and equipment
- Set up and close down of work areas
- Maintaining health and safety in the work area
- Maintaining food safety in all aspects of job role
- Maintaining workplace records
- Correct use of stock and equipment
- Checking and storage of stock in correct areas
Requirements and prospects
- Some understanding/experience of the catering environment
- Good time keeping
- Team player
- Good organisation
- Excellent communication
- Attention to detail
- Be able to follow recipes and instructions
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- A love of food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work requirements
- Energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated to achieve excellent outcomes
- Maths and English at Grade 9-4 (A-C) desirable, lower grades will need to study for Functional Skills
Could lead to a permanent position for the right person
Things to consider
- Working times will include day, evening and weekend shifts and some split shifts, so the apprentice will need to offer flexibility in rotas to support the business need.
- The on program learning will need to be completed before the end point assessment (EPA) can be taken.
- The candidate should check travel arrangements and ensure they have the ability to travel safely to/from work
About the employer
EyUpDuck is a popular restaurant in the village of Alsager, 8 miles north of Stoke-on Trent. There is good access with both road and rail links to the area, from North Staffordshire and Cheshire.
During lockdown the business has operated a wide takeaway menu, and has seen a huge increase in business, with strong reviews and followers on social media. Takeaway menus include breakfasts, starters, mains, burgers, Sunday lunches, desserts, hot and cold drinks and alcoholic beverages, with inspiration drawn from American, Mexican, Italian, Greek and good old British cuisine.
The business is now planning for re-opening after lockdown, and really looking forward to welcoming customers to dine in the restaurant once again. As part of this, they would like to recruit and train someone with a real passion for fresh food, someone who wants to learn the range of commis chef skills. The successful applicant will need to show an enthusiastic approach to learning, and developing themselves within the business, a commitment to team work, whilst putting the customer at the heart of their work.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who loves food, and has a passion to develop a career within an exciting and growing business.
EY Up Duck Ltd
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275661 email@example.com
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard. This will be delivered with workplace training, College attendance (Stafford College on Monday’s) and assessor support sessions to develop overall knowledge, skills, and behaviours to meet the apprenticeship standards.
Functional Skills maths and English to be achieved at L1, also taking a L2 test in each subject, (unless exempt by prior achievement). Functional Skills will be delivered at either NSCG Newcastle of Stafford campus, or remotely.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.