Apprentice Internal Sales Engineer Thorne & Derrick
Thorne and Derrick are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an Apprentice Internal Sales Engineer. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Oct 2021
06 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Dealing with incoming customer enquiries through to order
- Recommending technical solutions to customer problems
- Liaising with manufacturers over deliveries
- Developing opportunities with customers to turn them into important accounts
- This is mostly office based but there will be opportunities to visit customers and suppliers
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written English and arithmetic
- An ability to learn and retain technical information
- Must be confident and outgoing
- Must be motivated to succeed in a challenging environment
- Should be able to operate on own initiative
- You have to be friendly and a team player
- GCSE or equivalent good grades in maths and English plus 3 other subjects.
- Or 2 good A Levels or equivalent
We would hope that once the apprenticeship is completed the employee will take up a permanent position with the Company.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills.
Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Distributor of Power, Heating and Process engineering products to Industry throughout the UK and Worldwide
Northern Skills Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 2 qualification in Customer Service
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.