Hairdressing Apprenticeship Contemporary Harrogate
No experience needed! Want to work in a fun, vibrant ever changing industry? Learn a skill that can open many doors? Earn a wage whilst learning? No course fees = no student loan debt! Attend college twice a month! No essays to complete.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2021
01 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Work in a busy, modern salon in Harrogate town centre.
Full training will be provided
Your day to day jobs will be:
- Assisting Stylists with their clients by shampooing and mixing colours
- Customer service
As your skills develop you may be able to:
- Blow dry clients hair
- Straighten and curl clients hair
- Apply colour to clients hair
- Cut clients hair
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- You should be self driven and have an enthusiastic approach to work, with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
- It is essential that you are helpful and friendly
- A professional appearance is essential
- You should be interested in the Hairdressing industry
- There are no entry requirements
- NVQ 2 Barbering
- NVQ 3 Hairdressing
- Assessor course (TAQA)
- Qualified Hairdresser
- Cruise ships
- Self employed
- Own Salon
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with chemicals and heated equipment
- You will have to keep the salon clean and tidy throughout the day
- You will have to make tea and coffee for the clients throughout the day
- You will have to work weekends and late nights
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour from 1st April 2021 This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For Apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their Apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
Welcome to Contemporary, the North's inspirational award winning salon group.
Our mission is to offer outstanding hairdressing backed up by exceptional customer service in a luxury environment.
Contemporary - a cut above.
School of Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intuitions Ltd
Helen Green 01423 528066 firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will study both practical and theory at Intuitions Ltd in Harrogate
- Attendance at Intuitions is 1 day per fortnight (twice a month)
- You will gain an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.