Nursery Assistant - Apprenticeship PLAYROOM LONDON LIMITED
To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in the nursery.
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
01 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to play and learn
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the nursery
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents’ evenings, summer fair, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within the working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’, be constantly aware of the needs of the children
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to your position as a keyworker
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from different cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
Specific child care tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
Requirements and prospects
- Team work
- Problem solver
Full time role or progress onto Level 3 course.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A lovely Nursery in the heart of Wandsworth. My Client has a supportive management team who develop staff in their careers and are happy to support on additional courses and career development. My client value our exceptionally hard-working staff and are a friendly supportive team.
THE RECALVI ENTERPRISE LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by THE RECALVI ENTERPRISE LTD
Amy Wilson 07825648381 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Early Years Practitioner training to be provided on the job.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.