Craft Baker Apprentice - Donut Maker & Decorator Doe Foods Limited
Working within a production bakehouse setting, you will work within a team producing hand crafted donut products of varied flavours and styles. The donuts are produced to sell onwards via their two retail shops in Harrogate & York.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
06 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities could include:
- Making sure you have enough supplies
- Measuring out large quantities of ingredients
- Working safely with machinery like power mixers, industrial ovens, and production lines
- Making dough
- Working out cooking times
- Keeping production areas clean
- Developing new products
- Move onto other products to develop brownies and bakes
- Prepare for the following day
- Manage inventory levels and order supplies before they are used up
- Maintain accurate record of baked production for company profitability
- Maintain a clean, hygienic work area in accordance with health and safety laws
- Gain an understanding of complex industrial machines and how to operate them
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Timekeeping skills
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- A team-worker focussing on safety for all
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina for early starts and standing most of the day
- Able to measure accurately
- Willing to learn
- Needs to be organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Artistic and creative to produce wonderful new products and maintain the standard of the usual bakes
- Can cope with an early start
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Progression into Team Leading/Supervisory roles.
Things to consider
The location is in Layerthorpe York and the start times are as early as 04:00 due to the nature of the business in terms of baking freshly made products daily to be retailed in their shops.
Please only apply if you live locally and can easily commute for the required start times.
About the employer
Doe Bakehouse is a specialist and unique bakery which produces hand crafted donuts which are sold in their charming retail shops in Harrogate & York.
Doe Foods Limited
Additional location information
The CBS Chefs Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The CBS Chefs Academy
Sarah Benson-Smith 01422 320553 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Baker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Training will be work based within the employers setting across all areas of Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours as required by a Craft Baker which will include the following areas:
- Preparation of bakery products
- Stock control
- Using recording documentation
- Adherence to legislation (food safety, Health & Safety, Allergens etc.)
- Using resources & equipment safely and correctly
Apprentices and employers have access to an online portfolio system which manages the agreed training plan and ensures progression and achievement of the set milestones through the programme. This will also act as the bank for the theory-based training.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.