Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Bright Skies Nursery
Hard working and enthusiastic Apprentice Nursery Practitioner are required at a successful children’s day nursery to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual wishing to progress their career in Childcare.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
01 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established nursery in Rawdon with an experienced staff team. You will be given the opportunity to gain and develop new skills and experiences, whilst working towards a Level 3 apprenticeship standard for the Early Years Educator.
Duties will include:
- To meet the requirements of the EYFS framework
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- Uphold impeccable levels of hygiene
- To give support to other personnel within the setting
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff
- Work with all staff to ensure children settle well
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring organisation policies and procedures are observed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- You need to show the ability to develop excellent communication and relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- You must be well presented and reliable
- A Childcare L2 qualification or relevant experience is essential to apply for this position
- GCSE or equivalents grades in English and maths at D/3 level are essential for this position
Achievement of the Advanced Apprenticeship will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the wider childcare sector, e.g. Room Leader, Nursery Supervisor or Nursery Manager.
There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly working towards Levels 4 and 5 Foundation Degrees in Early Years.
Things to consider
Please consider the location of the setting before submitting your application.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bright Skies are a successful and well established Nursery located on Rawdon, Leeds. Bright Skies are currently seeking a new Apprentice to join their team.
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FW Solutions Limited
Harvey 01423 536672 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to ‘off the job training’. You will be allocated a Teaching & Learning Co-ordinator (TLC) and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your study materials. Your TLC will provide you with personal tutorial support and on-programme assessment at pre-arranged times.
End point assessment by an independent assessment organisation and comprises of two activities – knowledge test and portfolio-based professional discussion.
You will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.