Apprentice Nursery Assistant Bright Skies Nursery
A hard working and enthusiastic apprentice nursery assistant is required at a successful children’s day nursery to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. This is an excellent opportunity for any individual wishing to progress their career in Childcare.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
01 Apr 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in a well-established, privately-owned Childcare provider.
Duties will include:
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- Give support to other personnel within the setting
- Implement the daily routine in the base room
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
- Work with all staff to ensure children settle well
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Be flexible within working practices of the setting, be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc
- Recording accidents - ensure the accident reports have been signed by another member of staff before the parent receives it
- Look upon the setting as a “whole” where your help can be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- Ensure children are collected by someone known to the setting
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Develop your role within the team
- Ensure the setting provides a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- Be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times
- Actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are always observed
Requirements and prospects
- Some previous experience with children would be an advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team
- You need to show the ability to develop excellent communication and relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- You must have good time management skills
- You must be a punctual person and be on time for work
- You must be well presented and reliable
- Successful candidates will have a lot of patience
- Have a caring approach and be understanding
- You must be a self driven individual
- GCSE's at grade D/3 or above in English and maths is essential when applying for this position
- Achievement of this pathway will enable apprentices to go onto study towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard and access higher level jobs within the sector
Things to consider
- Please consider the location of the Nursery when submitting your application
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bright Skies are a successful and well established Nursery located on Rawdon, Leeds. Bright Skies are currently seeking a new Apprentice to join their team.
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FW Solutions Limited
Harvey 01423 536672 email@example.com
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated to 'Off the Job Training'. You will be allocated a personal Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your assessment materials.
Your Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence, and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
- Intermediate apprenticeship for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths, English (where applicable)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.