Mast Builder / Bench Fitter Apprenticeship South Midlands Communications Limited
This is a fantastic Opportunity for the right candidate. Join our friendly team and gain a qualification while you earn on our apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
01 Apr 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Basic assembly skills, with the ability to interpret drawings maintaining close tolerances
- Use of hand tools/engineering machinery – drilling, tapping, pillar drill, band saw
- Ability to follow work instructions and test procedures to check given tolerances
- Basic assembly skills
- Work with the Production Team Leaders to carry out Machining, assembly and testing procedures of Antennas and Masts following works instructions and ensuring all works are in-line with Health and Safety regulations and procedures
- Where required, support in the Design and manufacture of any jigs required for general manufacturing procedures
- Work with SMC to develop and hone and develop your skill set in a Manufacturing and Production environment
Requirements and prospects
- Assembly / Production Knowledge
- Machining Knowledge
- Able to interpret drawings
- High level of attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Diligent and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Adaptable, willing to acquire new skills, as the role develops
GCSE or equivalents in both English and maths.
Enhanced employability once qualified.
Things to consider
No other considerations, Risk Assessment will be carried out before commencing works.
About the employer
The SMC Group advises, designs and manufactures specialist communication solutions worldwide for the military, emergency services, broadcast and commercial industries. Due to the reputable nature and versatility of SMC’s products they are utilised in a variety of applications outside of communications.
Our approach is to combine in-depth knowledge and expertise with advanced design and manufacturing technologies to provide high quality, reliable product solutions on time.
The SMC Group is recognised globally as a specialist communications company. Our products have been used in a variety of challenging environments across the world, from the ice of Svalbard to the deserts in the Middle East.
Our Group’s headquarters is in the UK which encompasses SMC’s privately owned 35,000 ft² manufacturing and office facilities and is where the majority of the Group’s product design and manufacturing occurs. The Group’s subsidiary companies are located in the United States and France.
In the United States SMC Group owns two diverse companies, Hilomast LLC and SMC Solutions. Hilomast LLC manufactures and supplies SMC products to deliver and support our customers locally in the USA and surrounding countries. SMC Solutions LLC provides custom broadcast and communications vehicles.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development
Engineering Technicians take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority. They also need to be able to demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role, complement wider business strategy and development. This will enable them to support their long-term career development.
- Civil Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Civil engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.