Childcare Apprentice Level 2 Twin Oaks
Working towards a level 2 qualification (Early Years Practitioner) at Poole College and gaining work based experience at this setting. You will learn how a childcare setting runs day to day and build your skills and responsibilities throughout this placement.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
30 Mar 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Dates are approximate.
Duties will include:
- Adhere to health & safety and safeguarding training
- Assist the nursery Manager or room leader in daily tasks
- Help to plan and carry out activities with the children such as outdoor play, reading, arts and craft and ensure they are encouraged to learn and develop
- Attend staff meetings and assessments when required
- Maintain a professional standard around the children, parents and other staff members
- Use initiative and be able to ask for help when needed
- Work well with the other team members
- Be mature, polite and approachable at all times
- Complete additional training where required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator, with attention to detail
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
Maths and English grade D/2 or equivalent and above or Functional Skills level 1 completed.
Could lead to a level 3 apprenticeship or full time role.
Things to consider
You will have a phone interview with the college and employer interview.
About the employer
Twin Oaks Pre School is a children's education centre based in Waterloo Estate. We provide an exceptional early start to give your child the essential helping hand through arguably the most important stage of their life, allowing them to get ready for primary education no matter where they go.
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Claire Clark 01202 205831 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
One day a week during term time you will attend Poole College for practical and theory based lessons. You will also have assessments at work and complete an online portfolio of work.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.